Use our printer maintenance checklist
to prepare your HP wide format printer for the return to work.
As people are returning to work, it’s important to ensure that your wide format printer is ready to do the same. It may have been sat for a while and there are several things that need some attention before you can use it again. Here’s a simple printer maintenance checklist you can use.
Should your printer still not function correctly then contact us (01483 596 200 / email@example.com) to speak to our servicing team who will advise you of the best thing for you to do next.
Checklist for HP Latex, HP Designjet Graphics and HP Designjet CAD (high volume) wide format printers
* Clean/Replace printhead cleaning kit if the ink is dry on the web. Buy ink/printheads here
* Clean/Replace printheads if not firing correctly. Printhead performance can be checked by performing a diagnostic print.
* Clean encoder strip with a slightly damp cloth with water only. This can be activated under preventative maintenance tasks on the front panel.
* Clean carriage rail and oil which is also performed under preventative maintenance.
* Clear vacuum holes on platen bed of any dust to increase the performance of vacuum and prevent head strikes.
* Any media that has been left on the machine may not perform correctly and a new roll may be required. Buy media here
Checklist for low volume HP CAD wide format printers
* Clean/Replace Printheads if not firing correctly, printhead performance can be checked by performing a diagnostic print.